Types of Treatment
Returning you to an active, healthy lifestyle after amputation.
Did You Know?
- 2.1 million people living with limb-loss
- 300-500 amputations performed everyday
- 30% of amputees experience depression/anxiety
- 85% lower limb amputations are preceded by a foot ulcer
- Below knee amputations are the most common
- African Americans are 4x more likely to have an amputation than white Americans
What Amputees Need to Succeed
- A care team that is on the same page (physicians, physical therapists, prosthetists)
- Support from peers, family and community members
- A positive attitude and willingness to overcome obstacles
What We'll Cover During Your PT Evaluation
- Skin integrity
- Leg length
- Range of motion
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
I found that the staff of TOSPT are supportive, knowledgeable, friendly, and really care how one is progressing.
After my 2nd shoulder surgery, I was lucky enough to work with TOSPT. I came back stronger than ever before and pursue my dream of competing with Team U.S.A Bobsled.
Not only did you guys make my foot feel better, but you warmed my heart and encouraged me during a very difficult time in my life.
My experience at TOSPT was awesome! Before PT, I was not able to walk without an ankle brace or walk in my heels. Now I’m able to do both thanks to Julian and the staff.